2011년 1월 4일 화요일

제프 자르비스 Jeff Jarvis

Who Says Our Way Is the Right Way?

I spend time on this topic in my next book, Public Parts (when I can concentrate on writing it -- that is, when I'm not blogging and tweeting as I am right now): Technology brings change; change brings fear and retrenchment. Gutenberg scholar Elizabeth Eisenstein reminds us that for 50 years after the invention of the press, we continued to put old wine in this new cask, replicating scribal fonts, content, and models. That's what's happening now: We are trying to fit our old world into the new one that is emerging. We're assuming the old way is the right way. (중략) So is this new generation distracted or advanced? How can they best learn? How can they teach? What tools can we use today besides books? What new opportunities do all their tools present? That's what educators should be asking. That's the discussion I'd like to see the Times start.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기